Who Are These Shmegeggies, Anyway?
- The 2012 Ira Winners, Part 2: The Annual Accolades
- The 2012 Ira Winners, Part 1: The Best of the 1950s.
- Alex’s 2012 Ira Ballot
- Aaron’s 2012 Ira Ballot
- Alex Finally Catches up with “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” … and Risks Getting Dumped By Aaron.
- Alex’s 100 Favorite Movies of the 1950s
- Aaron’s 100 Favorite Movies of the 1950s
- Getting Back To Movies You *Can* See … Here’s Our Take on ‘Zero Dark Thirty’
- Whatchoo Talkin’ ’Bout, Wichita? (Or: Wichita WYSIWYG)
- Post #46, In Which We Attempt To Characterize the Massive Amount of Suck That Is “Prometheus”
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Aaron: Oooh – look at us! Two French-Canadian films in a row! We’re such North Americanphiles! (Poutineophiles!) Denis Villeneuve’s Incendies (which Villeneuve adapted from a play by Wajdi Mouawad) tells the very complicated story of Nawal Marwan (Lubna Azabal). As … Continue reading
Alex: Google Translate tells me that Les Amours Imaginaires, which one might think translates to “The Imaginary Loves,” actually does translate to Heartbeats, the U.S. title of the film. Must be an idiom or something. When I changed the translation … Continue reading
Alex: The latest documentary from the prolific, ingenious, maddening, wildly inventive Werner Herzog is Cave of Forgotten Dreams, a 3-D exploration of the Chauvet Cave in France, which was discovered in 1994 and which contains the oldest known cave paintings … Continue reading
Aaron: In an effort to make this blog-reading experience more wonderful for you, dear reader, Alex and I have decided to blog occasionally about older films that we think are relevant or beautiful or terrible. (You see how I broke … Continue reading