Who Are These Shmegeggies, Anyway?
- The 2012 Ira Winners, Part 2: The Annual Accolades
- The 2012 Ira Winners, Part 1: The Best of the 1950s.
- Alex’s 2012 Ira Ballot
- Aaron’s 2012 Ira Ballot
- Alex Finally Catches up with “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” … and Risks Getting Dumped By Aaron.
- Alex’s 100 Favorite Movies of the 1950s
- Aaron’s 100 Favorite Movies of the 1950s
- Getting Back To Movies You *Can* See … Here’s Our Take on ‘Zero Dark Thirty’
- Whatchoo Talkin’ ’Bout, Wichita? (Or: Wichita WYSIWYG)
- Post #46, In Which We Attempt To Characterize the Massive Amount of Suck That Is “Prometheus”
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Best Score: John Adams, I Am Love Best Cinematography: Yorick Le Saux, I Am Love Best Costume Design: Antonella Cannarozzi, I Am Love Best Production Design: Francesca Balestra di Mottola, I Am Love Best Supporting Actress: Dale Dickey, Winter’s Bone … Continue reading
OK – So I won’t make fun of your utterly common ballot, Alex… but I do wonder if you’re a secret member of the Hollywood Foreign Press and vote on the Golden Globes… or if you vote for the People … Continue reading
What the heck are the Iras, anyway? The Iras are the result of the annual get-together of a bunch of film scholars and writers, many of whom went to Columbia film school together back when Aaron and I were wee … Continue reading
Aaron: So, Alex, let’s talk about Abbas Kiarostami’s latest film Certified Copy. I have to admit that it really doesn’t feel to me like a typical Kiarostami film, because it’s very heavy on dialogue and very light on visual style … Continue reading