Who Are These Shmegeggies, Anyway?
- The 2012 Ira Winners, Part 2: The Annual Accolades
- The 2012 Ira Winners, Part 1: The Best of the 1950s.
- Alex’s 2012 Ira Ballot
- Aaron’s 2012 Ira Ballot
- Alex Finally Catches up with “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” … and Risks Getting Dumped By Aaron.
- Alex’s 100 Favorite Movies of the 1950s
- Aaron’s 100 Favorite Movies of the 1950s
- Getting Back To Movies You *Can* See … Here’s Our Take on ‘Zero Dark Thirty’
- Whatchoo Talkin’ ’Bout, Wichita? (Or: Wichita WYSIWYG)
- Post #46, In Which We Attempt To Characterize the Massive Amount of Suck That Is “Prometheus”
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Here is my list (which has more titles in it): The Runaways Salt Hot Tub Time Machine Holy Rollers The Kids are All Right Valhalla Rising Dinner for Schmucks Eat, Pray, Love The Extra Man Brooklyn’s Finest Middle Men Animal … Continue reading
Alex: After watching The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest — an unforgivably boring movie — I am compelled to compile this list. If you are new to the blog, I hasten to add that it’s a complement to Aaron’s … Continue reading
Alex: Finally watched Greenberg last night. I knew Aaron hated it, and I fully expected to hate it, because I trust Aaron (except when he’s wrong) and I thought the trailer made Greenberg look like a two-hour ramble of depressive … Continue reading
Aaron: OK – so as I got my shit together to make my best of the year list (see working list below), I realized how I had only given The Human Centipede 2.5 of 4 stars when I reviewed it … Continue reading
Aaron: So I really liked Claire Denis’ newest film White Material. I think it’s totally in keeping with the best of her oeuvre and is quite beautiful. One of the first things I was struck by was Denis’ use of … Continue reading
I’m going to come out right away and be a jerk and say that I’ve seen a lot more movies than you have, Alex, so my list is bigger… which is always better, as you know. This is a working … Continue reading
In no particular order: Life During Wartime Bluebeard I am Love The American Eccentricities of a Blond-Haired Girl Inspector Bellamy Red Riding: 1974 Shutter Island Catfish (surprised how much I liked this movie) Sweetgrass Toy Story 3 Mademoiselle Chambon Fish … Continue reading